Happy Valentine’s Day Everyone!
Today marks our second Valentine’s Day spent together and I couldn’t be more happy! Our lives are about to change again as we get ready for another move back down to South Eastern Idaho where I accepted a job. It’s a bittersweet feeling since I am getting used to being back near my family in Eastern Washington these past few months. We will head to South Eastern Idaho next week. I will do a short update here soon, once things finally get settled down.. again I apologize for being so distant on the blog lately!
Anyways, since Valentine’s Day is a week day, we decided to go on an adventure on Sunday. We don’t have any specific V-Day plans quite yet, but I’m sure we will go out to dinner tonight.
Since my boyfriend studied Geology, I have been wanting to show him the famous Palouse Falls and part of the Channeled Scablands. So on Sunday we loaded up the car, took Shiloh the farm dog, and drove off to the Falls which was about an hour and a half hour drive from my parents house.
The Falls were loud and powerful since we recently had a major ice and snow-melt last week. They were magnificent as always and a bit muddy from all the runoff that’s been happening with the melting snow/frost in the surrounding fields in the region.
Chris was in Geology Heaven on the drive there and looking at the Falls and the State Park. Let’s just say I learned a lot about the landscape, which was great!
Shiloh, who hasn’t left the farm in years, also had a great time meeting new people and seeing all the dogs in the park! He handled the drive well and all the chaos in the park! He had fun walking around smelling new smells.
After exploring the State Park, we drove off to Othello, Washington to go visit the Drumheller Channels, which is part of the Columbia Plateau- Channeled Scablands in Central Washington. Chris, again, was in Geology Heaven! He explained to me columnar basalt and how the natural coulees were created from ice age floods in the area. It was really interesting and I gained a greater appreciation for the area. We also drove and explored part of the Columbia National Wildlife Refuge.
Shiloh had a blast exploring these new places. Overall, it was a fun day full of sight seeing and driving which is one of our favorite past times. Not to mention it was a gorgeous sunny and somewhat warm day compared to the winter weather we have been experiencing lately! It was nice to get out and about in the sunshine, even if it was a bit muddy out and still in the 40’s. It felt like spring might be finally on the way!
A Valentine Survey
I saw this survey floating around on Facebook so I thought I would give it a try! Feel free to copy and paste and fill out your own! I would love to see your answers too, surveys are always a fun way to get to know each other better. Happy Valentine’s Day!
- Who’s older? Chris is by ~5 months. It’s kind of weird. His birthday is 3/3 and mine is 9/9 haha and we are ’89 babies!
- Who was interested first? It was mutual at first but he initiated the first date and pushed things along from there
- How long have you been together? Almost a year and 8 months.
- Married? Not yet
- More sarcastic? He definitely is! I try to be though!
- Who makes the most mess? I do, Since he was in the military he is very neat and tidy, makes fun of me a lot when I’m messy!
- Who has more tattoos? He does, I don’t have any
- Better singer? Me haha!
- Hogs the remote? Definitely him and he hogs the radio stations lol.
- Better Driver? I would say me! But he would say him. When it comes to off roading and bad road conditions I let him drive. I also let him drive the horse trailer occasionally, it was a big leap of faith to let him drive the horse trailer the first time!
- Spends the most? Hmm this is a tricky one we both have expensive hobbies. I probably do because I own 3 horses and compete. Horses are just flat out expensive with boarding and tons of other expenses. Although he has dirt bikes, hockey equipment and lots of hunting supplies and guns, so it depends on the month? He always teases me for how expensive my horses are and I tease him about his expensive hobbies!
- Smarter? He is especially when it comes to science and math. I am smarter when it comes to english and grammar.
- Most common sense? He does lol. He corrects me a lot when I get on tangents and whims!
- Whose siblings do you see the most? His
- Do you have any children together? Someday once we are married
- Did you go to the same school? No. I graduated from Washington State University before we met and he just finished up school at Utah State University
- Who is the most sensitive? Definitely me
- Where do you eat out the most? We go to Buffalo Wild Wings probably the most. We usually just go to a bar or mix it up when we eat out.
- Where is the furthest you two have traveled? I would say driving to my parents house in Eastern WA from South East Idaho
- Who has the craziest exes? He does
- Who has the worst temper? We both have can have bad tempers depending on the situation haha!
- Who does the cooking? We switch off and on, but he does more when it comes to steaks and other meats.
- Who is more social? He is, I’m more of the wallflower/listener.
- Who is the neat freak? I would say he is with most things, and I am with others.
- Who is the most stubborn? He is haha! But I can definitely be stubborn also, we sometimes butt heads on certain issues.
- Who hogs the bed? I definitely do
- Who wakes up earlier? Right now he does from his job, but I probably will be in a month or so with my new job
- Where was your first date? Pachangas in Idaho Falls
- Who has the bigger family? We have the same size family, but I have more extended family
- Do you get flowers often? Only on some holidays and my birthday lol!
- Who does the laundry? Right now we both do our own. I told him once I’m married I will do more of his!
- Who’s better with the computer? He is
- Who drives when you are together? He usually does.
- Who picks where you go to dinner? We both do, but if I can’t make a decision, which happens sometimes he usually just drives to the nearest spot!
- Who wears the pants in the relationship? We are both similar, but he probably does.
- Who eats more sweets? I do! Chocolate and wine 🙂
Do you have any fun plans for Valentine’s Day?