Happy September Everyone,
I might be a bit biased since September is my birthday month, but it is definitely my favorite month!
& Here’s Why:
- It still feels like summer but the temperatures start to be a bit more bearable
- As the month goes along the mornings and evenings start feeling more brisk
- I love seeing how the leaves start to change towards the middle and end of the month
- September stars to bring on sweater weather. Hoodies, cardigans, boots, uggs, and of course flannel! See my Cowgirl Style: Fall Outfits post
- Since my birthday is on the 9th, September is the start of the holiday season for me!
- With the cooler air in the mornings and evenings hot drinks become necessary in September. I’m not a big PSL fan, but I do enjoy a lovely Cinnamon Dolce Latte, Vanilla Chai, a cup of tea or my favorite Carmel Apple Spice drinks! Not to mention the lovely fall alcoholic drinks like Angry Orchard, Samuel Adam’s Oktoberfest and maybe a dash of Fireball!
- September brings back memories that school is in full swing, the start of a new semester and a new school year! Since I work at a University, I still get excited for the new semester! This semester is my boyfriends last semester of college before he graduates this December! I do miss the feeling of walking to classes with my coffee or tea, and not having to adult every day!
- Back home, September is always the finishing month for harvesting our wheat, barley, peas and garbanzo beans. Always a big sense of relief once harvest is over!
- Growing up, September was always our County Fair month, which my birthday always ended up during fair week! I still get a happy feeling when September comes, because fair was always a blast. I also was able to miss school for it. It’s a bit different now that I live away from home, but it is still fun to reminisce. Maybe next year we will be living closer so I can visit the fair again.
- Now that I’m too old for fair, there are always some great fall barrel races that are held in September, so that always helps fill the void!
- September still brings time for camping, we always go camping in September usually labor day weekend but sometimes in the middle of September.
- September is always a great time of the year to cozy up next to a camp fire or fireplace.
- Last but not least, all the lovely fall scents from Bath and Body Works! Especially using candles again!
That’s a few of my reasons for why I love September!
This September will be a little bit different, now that I’m turning 27! A lot has happened during my 26th year, so I’m hoping I can make 27 better! It is a bit scary that I’m getting even closer to the big 30!
Here’s a few updates for happenings this fall:
- This summer I started studying Equine Massage. I’m hoping to finish up studying this winter so I can be tested and complete the hands on practicum instruction by March.
- The last few months before December are going to be quite stressful. My boyfriend is graduating so we aren’t exactly sure where we will re-locate once he finishes school. It’s exciting but scary! We both agreed that we don’t want to live in Utah anymore. We are looking to stay in the upper Northwest, whether it be Eastern Washington/Northern Idaho (where I’m from), Southern/Eastern Idaho (where he is from) or maybe Montana or somewhere in between? A compromise will be in order! His education is a bit more specified so it will really depend on where he can find a job as a start.
- As for me, I’m hoping for a career change. Wherever we decide to re-locate, I’m hoping for a job where I don’t have to sit at a desk all day. Once I finish my Equine Massage program, I’m hoping it will become a future full-time job. I would love to run my own business and be my own #girlboss. Obviously it is going to take some time and money, so I’m planning to work at a full time job and maybe cut down the hours as my massage business grows.
- As for my horses: Forest was injured this summer so we didn’t get to go to as many races as I had planned. He is all healed up now so I’m hoping to go to some races this fall. Roxy is doing great! I’m going to be training her hard this winter and try to get her ready for the futurities this spring and summer. So big things happening with my two! I’m hoping we can go trail riding this fall before the weather gets cold!
- Other than that, I’m still trying to find time to work on my new photography blog! I’m hoping to get it mostly finished this fall, for job applications
- In August, I finished Blogilates PIIT 28 1.0 workout challenge. I’m hoping to start Round 2 here in a week or so. Stay tuned for a review post on PIIT 28! I highly recommend it!
- On the 15th, I get to fly home and visit for my grandma’s 90th birthday! She’s also a September birthday! It will be a short trip but I can’t wait to go home and see my family!
~Follow me on Snapchat to get the behind the scenes! @ christy.lynnf89~
What do you love about September? Any other September birthdays out there?! 🙂